I’m lucky enough to have been nominated for TWO (yes, 2) blog awards last week. The first was a Liebster Award from mrsmamfa. I’m so very thankful for this nomination! I received a Liebster in April so I’m not going to nominate anyone, but I want to answer the questions!
Do you set a reading goal for each month? I don’t. I set one for the year and then evaluate what books I need to read to meet that goal (because some are not solely numerical).
What genres are your favorite and do you ever try reading outside your preferences? My favorites are YA, historical fiction, and some literary fiction. For example, some favorite authors are JK Rowling, John Green, Philippa Gregory, and John Irving.
Do you ever write yourself? I do! I’ve written a YA manuscript, a NA/Woman’s Fiction manuscript, and several short stories. I’m working on yet another YA and trying to edit them all!
What way do you arrange your bookshelf? Ha, arrange is a hard word to describe it. I’m very cramped for book space now but when I move next month, I’ll have tons more space. I keep my TBR books in the order I want to read them in. Not that I always stick to that, but that’s the order. I keep my text books and reference books separate, my autographed books are in a separate section, and we keep series off by themselves. Not very organized, huh?
What is your favorite reading beverage? A hot chai latte, but I normally don’t drink anything while reading. I’m not coordinated enough.
If you were stranded on a desert island and could only take one book, what would it be? Probably the King James Bible. Please don’t seize up at this. It’s long, I could read it for a long time and start over without remembering the beginning. It can lift you up from the monotony of living on a desert island. (has anyone noticed the monotony of typing monotony before? Weird.) In short, if I had to read one thing forever, I think it’s the perfect choice.
What are you reading at the minute? I’ll refer you to my latest WWW for that whopper.
What is your favorite childhood book? Scribbler of Dreams by Mary E. Pearson. I’m not sure why, but I loved it.
Do you prefer books or an e-reader and why? I like physical books. They fill a shelf better and I like the weight of them in my hands.
Do you prefer hardback books or paperback books and why? Paperback only because they’re lighter, smaller, and easier to put in my briefcase.
Do you have any reading habits? Only reading way too many books at a time.
- You must thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog. (Done!)
- You must list the rules and display the award. (Done!)
- You must add 7 facts about yourself.
- You must nominate 5-15 other bloggers and comment on one of their posts to let them know they’ve been nominated.
- You must display the award logo and follow the blogger who nominated you. (Done and done!)
Seven facts about me:
- This is always hard because I don’t want to repeat ones I’ve said before. I just began my MBA earlier this month. I’m deciding on a concentration now but I think Global Supply Chain Management and Organizational Management. Right now I’m taking Marketing.
- I’m moving next month! We’ll be doubling our square footage and I’m so excited.
- My parents just bought a lake cottage. Now I have to landscape it (apparently that’s how this works).
- I stress really easily. I don’t know how my husband deals with it. My mom worries about my blood pressure.
- Come November, my first nephew will be born! I’m beyond excited.
- I finished my second triathlon of the year last week. My proudest accomplishments within it were that I finished the 5K in under a half hour and I was the first in my age group in the swim portion. Woo!
- My stomach hurts right now.
And now for the nominations! I’m going to try to nominate blogs that I haven’t been following for a very long time yet. I don’t want to over-nominate the ones I’m devoted to.
- Cat Lumb
- Alena’s Life
- As I Lay Reading
- This Is My Soul Called Life
- The Skeptical Reader
- Lipsyy Lost & Found
So there it is! Thanks again to Yvo for the nomination! The award image has been added to the right hand widget.
Until next time, write on.