Quick update: I finished my blog challenge! In case you missed it, this was a 13 book challenge where I challenged readers to read a book set in each of 13 time periods. Here’s the list of books I used to finish the challenge. You can see a complete listing on my Challenge Progress Page.
- Pre 1400- The Red Tent by Anita Diamant
- 1400-1499- The Lady of the Rivers by Philippa Gregory
- 1500-1599- The Creation of Eve by Lynn Cullen
- 1600-1699- Beneath a Marble Sky by John Shors
- 1700-1799- Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
- 1800-1889- Under the Wide and Starry Sky by Nancy Horan
- 1890-1909- These Is My Words by Nancy E. Turner (review forthcoming)
- 1910-1929- The Sandcastle Girls by Chris Bohjalian
- 1930-1949- Annie’s Ghosts by Steve Luxenberg
- 1950-1969- The Things They Carried by Tim O’Brien
- 1970-1989- Just Kids by Patti Smith
- 1990-Present- I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell by Tucker Max
- The Future- Divergent by Veronica Roth
I have several books in many of these categories, but these were the first to fulfill their time period. I had a lot of fun doing this challenge and I hope to do it again next year with one or two minor adjustments.
Would you be interested in doing this challenge next year? Let me know if you want to participate and I’ll keep you in the loop.
Until next time, write on.