I’ve been very fortunate over the past few months to be grace with a few different blog awards. Thank you all for letting me know you appreciate my blog, it’s very humbling. The first award I received was the Sunshine Blogger award from Rabbit Ears Production Blog. I’ve never received this award before and I’m very humbled. The second is The One Lovely Blog award from Alicia at The Cyborg Knight. I’ve received this one before so I’ll list the facts, but will not be nominating new winners.
I’ll start with the One Lovely Blog award. Here are the rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you and included a link to their blog
- List the rules and display the award
- List 7 facts about yourself
- Nominate 7 other bloggers and let them know they have been nominated.
Seven facts about me:
- I graduated with a degree in Spanish. I try to read books in Spanish and watch movies in Spanish whenever I can because I don’t use it very often and I’m afraid I’ll lose the skill.
- I’m currently enrolled in an MBA program in Human Resources. I love it.
- I have two pet turtles, Marty and Jane. They don’t get along well because Marty bites.
- I’m a triathlete. I’m recovering from tendonitis now with a coach to help me, but I plan to compete again this summer.
- I’m afraid of feet. I think they’re absolutely disgusting and I change my socks whenever possible.
- My mom and I work in the same office. I love seeing her every day.
- I’m going to Florida next month only because I want to go to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. I’m so excited to cross this off my bucket list.
Thanks again, Alicia!
The next award is the Sunshine Blogger award, which I’ve not received before. I’ve added the icon to my blog awards reel. Thanks so much again!
- Thank the person/people who nominated you
- Answer the questions from your nominators.
- Nominate eleven other bloggers and give them eleven questions.
What’s your favorite underrated book?
There have been a few I liked that others didn’t enjoy. Most recently, I can think of the two Beryl Bainbridge books I’ve read, The Girl in the Polka-dot Dress and Every Man for Himself.
What’s your favorite movie based off a book?
What do you like to eat or drink while you are reading?
I usually stick to tea though when my husband is out, I’ve been known to eat Kraft Mac & Cheese while reading.
Where do you like to read?
My favorite is in bed before going to sleep or when I wake up on the weekends.
When did you start your book blog?
I started in September 2013 and I haven’t stopped since.
What’s the scariest book you have ever read?
I read Josh Malerman’s Bird Box this October and it scare the pants off of me!
What’s the worst book you have ever read?
Many disagree but I absolutely hated Alice Hoffman’s The Ice Queen.
Have you heard of Rabbit Ears Productions before?
No, though I think you’ve participated in WWW Wednesday in the past.
What book would you like to read again?
I always love rereading Harry Potter.
Favorite childhood book?
Gosh, I didn’t reread a lot. I remember really enjoying Blueberries for Sal because I thought the bear was cute.
What other country do you want to travel to?
South Korea. I’d also like to go back to Scotland with my husband because it was a great place to travel and I think he would enjoy it.
So, time for me to nominate people. I’m going to base my nominations on those who are most active on my blog to thank them for networking with me. You all are nominated for both awards and can participate however you’d like to. I’m not going to nominate the full eleven so the six I have nominated should feel doubly special!
- What is the most recent book you read?
- Why did you decide to follow my blog?
- Do you write as well as read? What do you write?
- Who inspired your love of reading?
- Do you have a friend or group you talk about books with in person? Where did you find this group?
- How many books did you read in 2015?
- Do you have a favorite genre? Or do you prefer literary fiction?
- How about historical fiction?
- How many hours a week do you spend on your blog?
- What’s your favorite part of blogging?
- What can you reach out and touch now with your right hand?
Thanks again for the nominations and congrats to my nominees!
Until next time write on.